Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I think….I think I may have felt the baby move! I’m really waiting for that moment with finite evidence where my whole world stops, tears swell up in my eyes and I know, without a shadow of a doubt..that my little one has kicked me for the first time (that I could feel anyway.) But…I’m told it takes a while to feel all that, so for now I’ll just take every little flutter and wait for my baby to really make itself known.

In the meantime, my every two week heartbeat appointments will suffice. Today, in fact, is hopefully my last one before I can feel the baby move. Two weeks from tomorrow, on my birthday, we go for THE ultrasound! IF we were going to find out the gender then this would be a really cool day to find out…but we’re going to wait until the baby’s BIRTHday! Dave used to be on board with me, but he’s grown to not be able to stand the idea of a stranger knowing what we’re having and us not knowing. To be honest, it kills me too…but it is what it is. If there’s one thing I’ve learned through this whole process it’s that we cannot plan anything…so why not wait another 5 months to find out??? I hear it’s really cool to find out either way, I guess we’re just choosing to find out later.

I’m also learning to NEVER, and I mean NEVER, tell a woman how huge she looks pregnant. I’ve been told a few times now how big I look for having my first…yet I still weigh 4 lb’s LESS than I did prepregnancy! A coworker even told me that she thought it was beautiful to be big…which, it is…but not when you’re only 5 months preggo and they’re like ‘YOU’RE HUGE’.

Bless her little 5’1” 102 lb soul…

No comments: